Skip navigation
rick5111
Currently Being Moderated

Problems with lightroom 3.....desperate for help

Feb 11, 2013 1:38 PM

I was printing pictures using lightroom 3, no problems.  When I finished printing I shut the program down.  I tried to reopen the program a few hours later to print some more pictures.................problems!!!  The program tries to open, but doesn't fully open.  The little blue icon never stops spinning.  I have left it running for several hours, and it won't open completely.  I have had my computer completely checked by a technician, and my computer is fine.  I have deleted the program, and reinstalled it, and I am still having the same problem.   It will not open.  I have called numerous people trying to get help, and no one seems to be able to help or even understand what I am talking about.  I have had this program for several months, and I have never had any problems until now.  If anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate any help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 11, 2013 2:49 PM   in reply to rick5111

You have tried turning your computer off???

Which OS and version of Lr3?

|
    Mark as:
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 12, 2013 10:02 AM   in reply to rick5111

Hi Rick.  Don't worry, we'll figure it out somehow!

I'm guessing from the blue icon that it's some flavour of Windows.

Restart your computer as Geoff suggested.

If it still doesn't work, try holding down the Ctrl key while you open LR, and see if it'll bring up the dialog that lets you choose a catalog.  If it does, let it start a new catalog temporarily, and see if that will open properly.

Then report back, and that'll give us a clue on what to do next.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points