Skip navigation
BibWorld
Currently Being Moderated

blu-ray Object: "....", Export file not found

Feb 11, 2013 6:53 PM

Running Encore CS 6 on Cloud on Mac. I have succesfully built several Blu-ray discs from the same file. Each file contains slideshows that worked fine in the past. After making a few changes I got this message: Blu-ray Object: "....", Export file not found

I have created simple new files with only a couple of menu options, but with the slideshow and get the same crash.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 20, 2013 3:30 PM   in reply to BibWorld

I have the same problem. A thread on Creative Cow suggests creating a blu-ray image file and then burning that to Blu-ray disc.

For a supposed powerful program, there is apparently a lot it can't handle doing (this, previewing multipage menus, having a looping point in a menu without a pause).

Edit: Just tried writing to an image file and I got the same error. I am really disliking this program.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 6:17 AM   in reply to BibWorld

I really don't want to do that.

What I ended up doing was I opened the Premiere Pro project, copied everything in the sequence and pasted it in a new sequence, then saved it.

It seemed to work as it was hard at work creating a Blu-ray image when I went ot bed last night. I don't know if it worked because it ran out of room before it was done. So I cleared out some space and started it again this morning. Hopefully when I get home from work everything will have worked.

If not, I am thinking of switching to Sony Vegas Pro, importing my Premiere stuff and using that for authoring since it seems t odo a far beter job creating Blu-ray (menu loop points with no pause apparently, and a preview that works properly).

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2013 2:06 PM   in reply to BibWorld

I recently experienced this same issue.  I solved the problem, by going through each timeline individually, deleting the asset in the timeline and then the proejct panel, re-importing each asset, and finally re-inserting into each timeline.  It was a bit tedious, but less time consuming that having to uninstall/re-install Encore. 

Not sure what caused the glitch, but it started occuring after duplicating timelines within the project (which was successfully built and burned to a blu-ray previously) and then attempting another build.

All the assets in the project were H264 720p Blu-Ray or TIFF files.  I was not using any dynamically linked assets in this case.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2013 3:53 PM   in reply to BibWorld

See the advice in my reply #1 in message http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1160065 - how to search for previous discussions

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2013 2:10 PM   in reply to John T Smith

I have found that if you have an asset with embedded audio, Encore doesn't like if you switch it with another ac3 stream or LCM stream. In fact, I had a 5.1 ac3 stream on AUDIO 1. When I finally burned the disc, the player recongnized the audio as only stereo. To further complicate things, most players like to "convert" your stereo audio into a fake surround sound. Naturally, hearing it out of 5 speakers mean you have surround... nope. Once I checked the player it said Dolby 2.0. So any of you out there who want 5.1, make sure your movie asset has no audio. If it does, upon transcode, Encore will assume you want the embedded movie audio upon build, EVEN if you have your audio 1 as your 5.1 stream.

With that said, the "object not found" error typically happens when you replace original audio with another, or if you go back into Encore and change audio out. If you keep your assets in the same place without moving them, your chances of not getting this error increases dramatically.

T

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2013 6:33 AM   in reply to smoothytom

I am having this problem again. Last time I was dynamically linking my Premeiere Pro project in Encore. This time, I have a .264 video file in the main movie timeline and a .ac3 file as the audio. With everything set to not transcode, I would get the error. When I set it to transcode as I read was a solution in another thread, I still get the error. The error seems to be related to the video file.

Previously I tried using DL for the video and would replace the linked audio with an ac3 file in order to preserve the 5.1 sound, but this would cause there to be no sound in the main movie (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1163477). So I decided to try using a .264 and matching .ac3 files, as this was the method I found successful in DVD Architect when Encore initially gave me problems. DVD-A is now giving me an error as well; I am wondering if there is an issue with the .264 file..

What are my other options? Deleting the sound from the Premiere Project and replacing it with the ac3 file in the Premeiere project? Would that would? Deleting the sound from the premiere project and dynamically linking it in encore and place the ac3 file in the Audio 1 track in Encore?

Blu-ray creation had been a huge hassle; far more than DVD creation ever was. Maybe next time I will give the trial of Avid Media Composer 6 a try, or just go back to Premiere Elements to make the discs, as it always just seemed to work.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2013 10:21 PM   in reply to eday_2010

eday_2010 wrote:

DVD-A is now giving me an error as well

What error message is DVD-A giving you.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2013 6:26 AM   in reply to PMK3

This one:

STATUS: MUXCOMP:VALIDATING ERROR. Cannot load the schema for the namespace 'http://tempuri.org/ProjectDefinition.xsd' - COULD NOT FIND FILE...

Encore managed to be successful yesterday with my .264 and .ac3. However, because I set Encore to transcode the video, it ended up having the MainConcept watermark in the top left corner of all the video.

So now I am trying it again. This time I I deleted all the audio from the premiere pro project and inserted the pre-rendered ac3 files in its place. Then I dynamically linked the project in Encore and told it to not trancode. We'll see how that does, but I do not have high hopes.

EDIT: No luck with Encore. Regardless of what I do, it insists on transcoding and plopping a watermark in the top left corner. My plan to replace the audio in Premiere with the pre-rendered audio works as I didn't get the error (but I got the watermark). However, my extra feature caused the error this time because it is an Encore timeline with a .264 file for the video and a .ac3 file for the audio.

Encore has been a huge, complicated disappointment. Back to Sony DVD Architect to try again and try to get this disc done. Next time it will either be DVD-A again, or Avid Media Composer of simply Premiere Elements. I just want a program that ******* works.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2013 11:09 AM   in reply to eday_2010

eday_2010 wrote:

STATUS: MUXCOMP:VALIDATING ERROR. Cannot load the schema for the namespace 'http://tempuri.org/ProjectDefinition.xsd' - COULD NOT FIND FILE...

I found a post here http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/ShowMessage.asp?ForumID=12& MessageID=609192 with a similar error message, so perhaps the fix in this post will also work for you.

I haven't had this error message myself when working with Sony DVD Architect Pro 5, but I have had other error messages like:

buffer.jpg

gop.jpg

es.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2013 1:06 PM   in reply to PMK3

I think I tried that and it didn't help. I have Vegas installed, but never used it because I was using Premiere Pro.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 4:37 AM   in reply to eday_2010

I finally got Encore to work and finally got around the "Object not found" error.

I removed the .264 video file and .ac3 video files. I re-rendered my movie out of Premiere to a .m4v video file, and rendered the sound out as a 5.1 WAV, which I then used a WAVtoAC3 encoder to turn it into an ac3 file. I decided to avoid the MainConcept encoder completely. I dropped those into Encore, set up the chapter marks again, told it to build a disc, and it worked flawlessly. No errors, no transcoding of video. I was shocked.

So anyone having trouble should try using .m4v files instead of whatever format they are using. Unless you are already using .m4v; then I don't know why it's still causing problems.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2013 9:21 AM   in reply to BibWorld

I just spent 30 mins with Adobe support - upshot is that m4v is not supported in Encore.

Sean

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2013 9:27 AM   in reply to Sean Walsh Sean Walsh

m4v is not supported in Encore.

That is not correct. Particular files may have problems, but the format is supported and is used widely by Encore users.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2013 9:33 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

Well, that's what the man from Adobe Support just told me !

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2013 9:37 AM   in reply to Sean Walsh Sean Walsh

Not the first time misinformation has been distributed by support.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2013 10:37 AM   in reply to Sean Walsh Sean Walsh

m4v is supported. That is what I used when Encore was giving me issues with various other formats. m4v is the only thing that got Encore to work the way I wanted it to.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2013 12:17 PM   in reply to BibWorld

The way I fixed it on my Mac tower with Mountain Lion and CS6 was to delete the blu-ray video file and the audio file in Encore. Delete the timeline. Cache Encore in the Preferences. Save project and restart it. Import the video/audio file and create new timeline. Set the chapter markers and make sure all the buttons are linked to a chapter and export to a Image file to a new drive (I choose my main drive). It worked and I didn't have to re export my project in Premiere or FCPX or start my project all over again from scratch.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points