Skip navigation
scottonnob
Currently Being Moderated

Smart Guides not working (grayed out).

Feb 11, 2013 11:16 PM

I too am having problems with the 'Smart Guides' option being grayed out in the 'View' - 'Grids and Guides' column. I've replaced the preferences, checked all the appropriate boxes, yet nothing I do works. Additionally, the 'Smart Guides' did work for some time. However, for reason(s) I'm unaware of, they just stopped showing up. I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

Branched from an earlier discussion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 11, 2013 11:20 PM   in reply to scottonnob

I've branched your question out of the Replace Your Prefs thread into one of its own and changed the title so more people will see it. I'm not able to make the menu item go gray here, and I'm going to presume that you followed the instructions in the other thread for trashing the prefs, so I'm not going to suggest you do that again, at least not yet.

It would help if we know your OS and version of ID (including the update patch applied).

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2013 1:58 AM   in reply to scottonnob

I'm having exactly the same problem. I run Win 7 64 Bit and InDesign 8.0.1

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2013 3:01 AM   in reply to scottonnob

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2013 4:08 AM   in reply to scottonnob

Thanks Jongware, you saved my day! I had by mistake checked the "Snap to Document Grid" feature under View > Grids & Guides. This made the Smart Guides option inaccessible. I don't really see why it necessarily should, though.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2013 5:47 PM   in reply to BengtC

The problem of "Snap to Smart Objects" is greyed out has been resolved with the above solution. Thanks.

Tip: Unselect "snap to document grid" as this featured will grey out and prevent the use of "Snap to Smart Objects"

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2013 8:02 AM   in reply to BengtC

Thanks for this thread - it was a one click fix to a VERY annoying problem.  I really rely on those smart guides to get things perfectly aligned.  Thanks!!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)