• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application Manager v 7.0.0.23 installs Lightroom 4.3 64-bit in location other than specified

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2013 Feb 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm running Win 7 64-bit running all curent patches as of this writing.

I subscribe to Creative Cloud, and have used Adobe Application Manager to install all applications

In application manager I specified D:/Programs/Adobe/ as the installation path

My C drive is a comparatively small SSD drive that I run only Windows on and all applications are installed on D

Application manager installed Lightroom 4.3 in C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.3/

It also installed a common files folder in the C:/Program FIles/Adobe Folder

It also intalled an Adobe Folder that is about 1.5 Gigabytes in C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files (including Adobe application manger itself)

It also installed an Adobe folder and Adobe folder and an Adobe Media Player folder in C:/Program Files (x86)/

All together it looks as if Application Manager installed about 2.6 Gigabytes on my C drive

So, is there any way to reinstall so that Lightroom and these other files are written to the D drive and not the C drive?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2013 Feb 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can adjust the install location preferences in the Adobe Application Manager under preferences.  Please keep in mind though that there will still be common files installed to the C: drive even if you specify the main application gets installed on the D: drive.

You may want to consider purchasing an SSD with sufficient space to hold your operating system and applications.  By installing the applications to a non-SSD you are loosing the advantages of utilizing an SSD when using these applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines