Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign CS6 - scaling/resizing problem

Feb 12, 2013 6:46 AM

hello

We have some problems in indesign cs6 8.0.1.

Picture is placed in indesign, applyed stroke 10pt to frame, with or without corner effects. When picture is resized (ctrl+shift), seems that frame resizes in different % than picture. This leave empty space between picture and frame. Look screenshoot bellow:

Untitled-1.png

Another problem is that we cant apply new object style which define stroke and corner size if picture is placed and scaled with "adjust scaling percentage" preferences. We need to reset transformation via transform pallete "redefine scaling as 100". This is problem in my case because I need to rework entire book. Maybe some script can help but why I cant reset effect parameters with "object style" I dont know.

any suggestion is welcome.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 12, 2013 1:41 PM   in reply to kajzica

Windows ? On PC it's important to press the Ctrl key before you click the mouse button or it isn't registered (old bug).

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2013 2:23 PM   in reply to kajzica

For resizing. Ctrl + Shift + click, and hit the keys first.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2013 2:50 PM   in reply to kajzica

Not a clue. I don't use Adjust Scaling Percentage, so I don't know if this is normal behavior, or another unique problem you might have.

What sort of background programs and utilities do you run? It's possible soemthing is in conflict and causing ID to misbehave.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2013 5:53 AM   in reply to kajzica

Are you keeping the Ctrl key down while you click and drag?

Was this a new install of Windows, or an upgrade? Do you use a custom keyboard shortcut set? If so did you copy it from an earlier version of ID? Did you ever replace the preferences as I sugested in your other thread? You have a lot of things going on that are not right, and that suggests a problem in your installation.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points