Skip navigation
GitAmager1
Currently Being Moderated

Date of creation problem after making Bridge create TIFs with PS Image Processor.

Feb 12, 2013 2:08 PM

I went through about 100 files and did what I wanted in Camera RAW (started out with NEFs). Thereafter I had Bridge make TIFs of all the files in the folder using the PS Image Processor.

Now, looking at the TIF folder in Bridge, I find that about 80 of them has a wrong creation date (I checked the Preferences and I have asked for the date of creation - and not the date of modification). As I watch (several minutes) Bridge changes some of the dates to the ones known to me to be correct - but not all. If I close Bridge, restart Bridge and open the folder again the same happens, i.e. it starts all over. Even stranger is that the Windows Pathfinder have problems with the same files - i.e. does not show the date of creation at all.

The date of these 80 files are all the same - and they have been edited over several days!

I have done a lot of work on those files and would hate to start all over. I checked and of course the dates are the original in the RAW folder that I started out with.

I am sure that I do not have any bugs in my PC.

Can I remedy this i any way? I hate to have wrong dates on my files.

What can I have done to cause this? Can anyone help me? Thanking You in advance.

Git

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 12, 2013 10:03 AM   in reply to GitAmager1

Bridge has 3 dates that can confuse.  There is Date Created (set by camera or scanner) Date File Created, and Date File Modified.  Date Created and Date File Created may be the same if file not changed.  Not all programs read these (Win. Expl) so find a file will all 3 dates different and see how they shake out.

P.S.  You have option in Bridge to turn seeing these dates on or off in preferences/metadata.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 12, 2013 5:17 PM   in reply to GitAmager1

In Bridge you can not change Date  Created, but you can change Date File Created.  You do not have to close and restart Bridge, this will do nothing.  You will have to trash the cache.  Best bet is with Tools/Cache/purge cache for xxxx folder.  THen let it rebuild.

What you see as you scroll down sounds like the cache is being rebuilt.  Have you been purging the cache?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points