Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Help on serverbehavior DW file issue

Feb 12, 2013 10:36 AM

I've been receiving several error messages upon opening a .php file which contains a recordset to MySQL database.  The messages are listed:

1.)The check new Username2 script does not define the findserverbehaviors Function

2.)The DynAttribute script does not definethe findserverbehaviors Function

Also when trying to add a recordset to a new .php file the following message displays upon clicking "recordset" in dialogue box... 'the insertrecord script does not define the findserverbehavior Function'

I've looked for the WinCache.dat file to delete according to instructions of troublingshoot script file error messages a la D. Powers, but I can't locate the file in any of my configuration folders. I've looked at the recordset.js and can't imagine that it's corrupted as it's never been touched before.  Also my serverbehavior.xml file exists as I understand that it's first in the call procedure for Dreamweaver when inserting a recordset. 

I've additionally gotten the following error message upon starting DW and read through these instructions http://forums.adobe.com/message/4838277#4838277 but again can't seem to locate the WinCache.dat file

DW error.jpg

?? Thank You!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 12, 2013 11:34 AM   in reply to JFWily2

Start with 12 & 4 and go through the rest only if necessary.

http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/troubleshoot-javascript-errors-d reamweaver-cs4.html

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2013 1:22 PM   in reply to JFWily2

It's not in ProgramFiles.

The location of the personal configuration folder depends on your operating system and version of Dreamweaver. For Dreamweaver CS4, CS5 & CS5.5, it’s as follows:

• Windows 7/Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CSx\<language>\Configuration
    • Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver CSx\<language>\Configuration

EDIT: Here's the full scoop on where to find the personal config folders (I think that link from Nancy just gives you Mac instructions)...

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/494811

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2013 1:34 PM   in reply to Jon Fritz II

(I think that link from Nancy just gives you Mac instructions)...

No.  The full details are there for Mac,  WinXP,  WinVista, & Win7.  Win8 probably came out after that help article was written.  If you don't find the folders in a search, Show Hidden Files in your files manager (Windows Explorer).

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2013 1:58 PM   in reply to Nancy O.

Ah, I see, there is a link from that page to the Windows version of the instructions.

Sorry, my reading-fu is a little on the slow side today

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points