Skip navigation
splash19
Currently Being Moderated

PREL11 - Lost contact with my media - says "Media Off-line"

Feb 12, 2013 10:38 AM

I used the trial and created a short movie. After a few days I bought the program. Now that original movie can't be seen on the timeline  - it has everything (blank clips, music, text etc) but the original vid/audio is just a thumbnail of "Media Offline",  I'm sure I did some folder moving and that's the reason - but I can't seem to find a way to get back to the original files..

Dave

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 12, 2013 11:26 AM   in reply to splash19

Where are these media files?

It could be that you linked to them while they were still in the camcorder -- or to a memory card in a media slot or to an external drive -- which you've since disconnected from your computer.

You need to have the media files continually accessible to the program as you edit. You can't just connect the camcorder or a hard drive, for instance, add links to your project and then disconnect the device from your computer.

EDIT

Yes, changing folder names or moving your files will also break the links. You need to relink your media files to your project using the prompt that pops up when you open your project.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2013 8:46 PM   in reply to splash19

The main reasons for Media Off-line are that the files were Moved, Renamed, or Deleted. This article goes into more details: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3997949#3997949

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2013 4:17 AM   in reply to splash19

You can relink the offline files .

When you will open the project : Where is the file? will be shown .

Locate asked files manually . Save the project .

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2013 5:05 PM   in reply to splash19

I utilize a "standard" regarding my Assets, and my folder construction. It is outlined in this article: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4028199#4028199

It does give up a bit of performance, i.e. splitting Assets over several HDD's, but makes up for that little performance hit, with ease in clean-up.

Good luck, and glad that things are progressing for you,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points