Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Sorts in Bridge

Feb 12, 2013 2:34 PM

Tags: #bridge #sort_order

I have several photo folders of thousands of pics sorted manually. Bridge suddenly doesnt recognize the sorts. I upgraded to Mac  OS 10.8?? Anyone know how to get my sorts back. I am using CS5.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 15, 2013 12:40 AM   in reply to Stavrosdemetrakopoulos

Good day!

Have you ever used »Build and Export Cache« and what are your Preferences > Cache settings?

Also you may want to post over at

http://forums.adobe.com/community/bridge/general

Regards,

Pfaffenbichler

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2013 9:22 AM   in reply to Stavrosdemetrakopoulos

Hi there! Because the forum you originally posted in is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop, I moved your question to the Bridge General Discussion forum, where you'll get more specialized help.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2013 10:37 AM   in reply to Stavrosdemetrakopoulos

Do you have the sort order set to manual?  Just because it was sorted manually before if it not set to manual it will not recognize it.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 15, 2013 3:20 PM   in reply to Curt Y

A manual sort does not stick after you change the sort order to something else. However Paul Riggott once provided a script that could remember the last set manual sorting, you just have to search the forum or wait for Paul to join this thread.

But that does not help you for now because you changed to a new system and that created a new library with fresh settings.

Having said that, you can use Bridge tools menu to rename all the files in Batch to let them stay in the sorted order naturally (also in finder) by placing numbers or data in front of the filename or change the filenames entirely. You have plenty of options for that.

And yet another extra option is to add keywords that will let you search for the series you selected.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points