Skip navigation
CrystalSully
Currently Being Moderated

Scrubby Zoom and hand tool stop working out of the blue?

Feb 12, 2013 4:33 PM

Tags: #cs5 #help #cs5.5 #hand_tool #photoshop_cs5.5 #scrubby_zoom #browser_conflict

I checked my preferences and OpenGL is enabled, so I don't understand why it randomly stops working when I'm trying to get work done. Been working for less than four hours today and have had to restart Photoshop CS5.5 6 times. It starts working for a little while, then the "Scrubby Zoom" box becomes greyed out and the shortcut doesn't work as well. Also when I hit space (hand tool) to drag the image around, that stops working at the same time as the zoom. I'm using an Intuos4 with this, haven't had problems with it until recently but there haven't been any significant changes in my machine (PC), which has a nice graphics card, processor, etc. I'm using Google Chrome, maybe it has something to do with my browser being open at the same time as PS?

Any opinions on this are appreciated, thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 12, 2013 4:34 PM   in reply to CrystalSully

CrystalSully wrote:

I'm using Google Chrome, maybe it has something to do with my browser being open at the same time as PS?

Any opinions on this are appreciated, thanks.

Just a wild guess, but maybe a way to determine that is to try not having Google Chrome open at the same time as Ps.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2013 4:46 PM   in reply to CrystalSully

Did you do a forum search on the word chrome? It finds this: Re: Space Bar Hand Move & CMD-Space Zoom Not Working—CS5

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2013 5:00 PM   in reply to CrystalSully

That thread has a bunch of people saying they had the problem without running or even installing Hulu. There was one common solution - not running their browser while Ps is running, regardless of which browser they have.

(Fortunately, I'm able to run Safari simultaneously with Ps CS5.1 and CS6 with no trouble.)

Edit: What version of your OS do you have?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2013 5:08 PM   in reply to CrystalSully

Your problem may be unrelated to browsers then, fortunately. Mac OS X but not Windows was mentioned in that thread.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2013 5:20 PM   in reply to CrystalSully

If you use a Flash blocker (I use ClickToPlugin) then Grooveshark will offer to put you through to their beta HTML5 site. Or just go straight to http://html5.grooveshark.com

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points