Skip navigation
Vaskania
Currently Being Moderated

Save as Photoshop PDF > Scratch disk locked?

Feb 12, 2013 7:46 PM

Tags: #pdf #locked #disk #scratch

I searched  the forums, but apparently my issue only crops up when someone tries to launch PS. I can launch and do everything else just fine; however, I attempted to save as > PDF and received the scratch disk locked message. I can successfully save as PDF if I use the launch as admin option, but this seems odd since I can do everything else just fine without the need to do that.

Here are my steps:

Save as > Photoshop PDF

Click OK on "The settings you choose in the Save Adobe PDF dialog can override your current settings...."

I change [b]nothing[/b] in the Save Adobe PDF dialog. I simply click Save PDF.

Select Yes for "Preserve Photoshop Editing Capabilities" in the prompt.

Here is where I get the error message.

"Could not open a scratch file because the file is locked, you do not have necessary access permissions, or another program is using the file. Use the 'Properties' command in the Windows Explorer to unlock the file."

At this point, Photoshop does not crash or exit. It just simply will not save the file. This is the first time I've tried to save as  PDF, so it could just be a user error > replace user situation. :d

I have tried the CTRL + Shift + Alt method of launching to wipe my preferences only to have the same result. My scratch disk is an internal drive used only as storage with 1.30 TB available.

Photoshop CS6 Extended

Windows 7 64bit

User account is an admin, but I have never had a need to launch PS as an admin specifically.

Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 12, 2013 8:57 PM   in reply to Vaskania

Could be an issue with the PDF presets themselves. Check them in your user folder and fix their permissions.

Important Directories

Installation Preparations

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,471 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 13, 2013 5:30 AM   in reply to Vaskania

Is there any chance you might have mixed Adobe-supplied plug-ins from an earlier version of Photoshop into this one?  I mean by copying them from one Photoshop installation area to another, or by setting an Extra plug-ins folder configuration to point to them in another Photoshop installation area?

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points