Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

cfmail

Feb 13, 2013 12:27 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 13, 2013 12:27 AM   in reply to Community Help

I have automated emails that are sent out at regular intervals using the cfmail tag, but sometimes they aren't delivered to the recipient. I think it happens when something happens to the server preventing emails from being sent out, the mail server is an Exchange server. I can't  find the undelivered emails in the mail logs - the sent and error logs - and it doesn't look like they were sent at all. Will the failto attribute in the cfmail tag and/or the cfmailparam name="Disposition-Notification-To" attribute send me an email when emails are not sent or is there any other way of finding out automatically?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2013 5:33 AM   in reply to Tracey_B

On the server in the ColdFusion folder there should be a folder called /mail/undelivr (or something similar) that contains all the emails that (for whatever reason) didn't go out.  I think you can just move them into the spool folder and they'll retry.

As far as logs, there should be a log in CFAdmin called "mailsent.log" that (I think) also contains error messages.

Hope this helps.

^_^

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 8:54 AM   in reply to Community Help

What is the cfmail tag current capacity under CF 9.0.1? How can I determine this for our system? We need to sent out about 1000 e-mails per minute in the peak times. Will cfmail be able to handle this?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points