Skip navigation
toojee
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 eyedropper tool shift+click doesn't work

Feb 13, 2013 8:24 AM

Tags: #illustrator #eye_dropper_problem

Hi!

I have a problem with the eyedropper tool in illustrator cs6, I can't pick a color with shift+click for a gradient color.

The color is picked but not apply in my shape!

I look over this forum, it's seem be a bug and a new version of illustrator correct that 16.0.4.

But I can't do this update, I check and I have no update available...

I'm on PC win7. How can I do?

Ps: it's seem I have another bug, with the deplacement of pattern when I double click on the black arrow, I change values but sometimes nothing happen...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 13, 2013 10:34 AM   in reply to toojee

From the downloads at adobe.com, it seems as though the 16.0.4 was only for the Macintosh.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2013 1:30 AM   in reply to Larry G. Schneider

When is a Windows fix available?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 1:07 PM   in reply to toojee

It's almost the end of april and Adobe still hasn't fixed this bug? Terrible! I noticed no improvements with the update, and now my workflow is handicapped thanks to this. At very least release a downgrade patch!

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2013 2:53 AM   in reply to toojee

MVP users have no insider knowledge regarding any Adobe product releases or updates.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2013 4:56 AM   in reply to toojee

Hello! I have the same problem and actually I doubt that this one is a bug since Deke McLelland successfully demonstrated this technique in one of the earliest builds of Illustrator CS6 for Windows. At the moment I have version 16.2 (on Windows 7x64) and yet still cant get this trick to work. So I suppose there's got to be some solution.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2013 6:06 AM   in reply to toojee

If it's a bug, then it doesn't make any sense at all. How Deke McClelland did manage to perform this task somewhere in the autumn of 2012 on a PC using CS6? The only explanation would be that this bug appeared in some later build of Illustrator CS6, wich doesn't sound very plausible to me. Otherwise I just don't get it...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points