Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

switching from 5.1 to stereo and the back to 5.1 again

Feb 13, 2013 11:57 AM

Hello

I built a disk that has 5 films on it (5 different timelines). The first movie is 5.1. The second is stereo and films 3 thru 5 are 5.1. I sent it off to the theater with a "play all" function to be presented and when the second film is done the audio receiver will not switch back to 5.1, therefore when its starts playing movie 3 there are some tracks missing. Is there anything I can do in my encoding to make sure this does not happen or is it a receiver issue? Thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 13, 2013 12:29 PM   in reply to avidboy0`

I was writing an answer, but I think it is wrong. A question first:

All audios are on audio track 1?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2013 12:39 PM   in reply to avidboy0`

Well, there is no "navigation" being done that is relevant to audio track selected. So I'm going to guess it is a receiver issue.

But if it is, you still have to deal with how to get the program to work right.

a) Create a 5.1 for the one stereo program.

b) You could try the non-playlist "old" way, hoping that specifying a link each time might prompt the receiver? The old way being to link the play all button to video one, end action of video one to video 2, etc. each video to the next. The end action of 1 will specify track 1, (and more importantly, the end of video 2 will specify audio track 1 for thenext video). It should not make any difference, since it is not change, but who knows.

c) It is also possible that the non-playlist linking from video to video will result in correct audio.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2013 12:51 PM   in reply to avidboy0`

Okay, well that was "c"! I'm stumped. I'm curious as to whether the receiver involved will adjust if the disk has  a button for the stereo movie and then a 5.1 movie if its adjusts to plays in that order, with a menu action required in between.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points