Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Darkening a black and white .psd

Feb 13, 2013 1:38 PM

I work with floorplans a lot in my job and I come across this a lot so I figured I'd ask to save me a ton of time. Sometimes I get floorplans in a PDF format that I have to edit in Photoshop. Sometimes, the floorplans come to me very light (the black outlines of walls, doors, the building, etc.) are not as dark as I need them to be. I've tried to go to the Adjustments Menu --> Curves and darkened it that way. But then when I go to flatten the picture, it goes back to the light black color it was before. Is there any way to make the lines darker and to stay darker? Any help would be much appreciated!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 13, 2013 5:38 PM   in reply to BrittanyInSite

Just shooting in the dark on this but does this have relevance?  This is about Placing a PDF in Photoshop.

Note that when you place a file, you cannot edit the text or vector artwork in it. Why? Because Photoshop rasterizes the file, using the resolution of the file into which you placed it. Note too that when art is larger than the Photoshop image, Photoshop downsizes the art so that it fits the image.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points