Skip navigation
hoythunter
Currently Being Moderated

Uploading a project.  Help?!?!

Feb 13, 2013 3:43 PM

I had premiere elements 9 on my old computer.  Just got a new one and have elements 11 now.  Can I load a saved project from 9 into 11?  when I try to open the project in 11 it says " this type of file is not supported, or the required codec is not installed".  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 13, 2013 3:56 PM   in reply to hoythunter

What kind of video file are you trying to use in that project?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2013 4:30 PM   in reply to hoythunter

Well, AVCHD is supported by v11 so I know of no reason why you should receive that error message

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2013 5:45 PM   in reply to hoythunter

What model of camcorder are these videos from and how did you get them from your camcorder to your computer?

You should not have a separate m4a audio stream if you used Premiere Elements' Video Importer to get the video from your camcorder.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2013 6:50 AM   in reply to hoythunter

We always recommend against opening an older version project in a newer version of the program. It almost always leads to problems.

Finish your version 9 project in version 9 and you should be okay.

Or start a new project in version 11, plug your camcorder into your computer via USB and then use Add Media/From Flip or Cameras to open the Video Importer and move the files from the camcorder to your computer with it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points