Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Edit Fix while in Encore

Feb 13, 2013 5:15 PM

After doing a dvd test from Encore, I noticed that one of the stills (in the video) that was exported from Pro (in the main file) was mistakenly not cropped, and therefore of course, remained uncropped in the Encore timeline (for abouot 4-5 seconds).  And I was just curious (since it took over 12 hours to export that video from Pro), is there any simply way (for when you make a simple bonehead mistake like this) to recitfy it STAYING JUST IN Encore (like selecting that one 5-second spot in the Timeline and manually cropping it there)?!

It's not the end of the world or anything, but just thought I would ask because THAT would make the video perfect!

Thank you for your help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 14, 2013 7:31 AM   in reply to Makin Vids

Sorry but no editing in Encore. So what kind of effects do you have the require 12 hours of rendering? Or is it just an older computer?

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2013 11:04 AM   in reply to Makin Vids

What versions of Encore and PrPro do you have?

I am thinking that you might be able to use ADL (Adobe Dynamic Link) to edit that video, back in PrPro.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2013 11:14 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

The problem is, if ANY change at all is made to the timeline video, he is looking at rendering for 12 hours all over again (note that audio fixes are easy, just do it and export a new .wav file for Encore)

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2013 11:15 AM   in reply to SAFEHARBOR11

Good point Jeff.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 4:31 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I haven't tried it, but it might be possible to cut the video in encore with the sliders at the end, render the scene you want to change again, import it, put it after the cut original 12 hours video and put after the newly rendered scene video again the 12 hours video (cut at beginning)...

Just a try.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 10:22 AM   in reply to traveler6666

My understanding of Encore has always been that if ANY alterations are made to the video clip, it then has to be transcoded again. Probably due to how DVD uses GOPs - as soon as that structure gets broken it needs to start over.

Thanks

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 12:40 PM   in reply to SAFEHARBOR11

A good point, but I think (no time to test) that if the change is on a gop boundary, Encore may handle it in the vob creation - i.e. it does not have to transcode when there is no gop change.

That assumes a single change, not adding together on one timeline.

I think there are too many problems to gamble on changing in Encore, so the question is more academic for me.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points