Skip navigation
Kenchan0
Currently Being Moderated

Creating motion menu in AE removes the motion button?

Feb 13, 2013 10:10 PM

Hi all,

I created a project in Encore and moved it to After Effects to create a motion menu, worked like a beauty. Only problem is that the motion button I made in Encore (30 seconds of the video playing inside the button box) just stays as a single frame after I import back into Encore. I pre-rendered the menu just to make sure and all the animations I made work great but the button video just shows one frame.

Did I miss something in AE?

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 14, 2013 5:51 AM   in reply to Kenchan0

I have not tested the newer button options in AE. But animated buttons are part of the motion background. Encore must render them. So if you have rendered and they are not there, I'd make sure that "animate buttons" is checked. If still no joy, then look at whether the menu layers or the prefixes for the thumbnail layers are correct.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2013 6:25 AM   in reply to Kenchan0

until i save the menu for after effects...

What are you actually moving into AE? Are you using dynamic link?

I'm asking about the layers after AE. Can you select the menu, "edit in photoshop," twirl open the relevant layers, and post a screenshot?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2013 8:33 AM   in reply to Kenchan0

I'll try to play around with this a bit, but no time now. The AE comp has the ability to add its own thumbnail layers; I have to wonder if that interferes.

The screenshot I'm suggesting is after the AE is done, from the menu that is then in Encore. You can twirl open only one example.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points