Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Title Tool - text rendring too soft/blury

Feb 14, 2013 4:44 AM

Tags: #title_tool #soft_text

Hi,

used the Premiere Title Tool occasionally and always got to soft/blury text rendering - it seems optimal for old CRT tubes and interlaced video but looks bad on a 1080p 4:4:4 timeline

If for example I want to add some Text to a imported Photoshop PSD title it doesn't match - because the Premiere Title Tool added text looks soo blurry and washed out compared to the text from the PSD title...

hmm - don't found any setup properties to turn off blurring or something like that...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 14, 2013 7:59 AM   in reply to nw42

PP does anti-aliasing better than AE or PS.  Hence the apparent 'softness'.  You may have to add the additional title in PS, next to the first one.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2013 9:42 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

When you say it is "rendering" too soft, do you mean when you render your timeline? If so, what is your preview format set to? If it is something like i-frame mpeg, it may very well make it blurry. Is it blurry on export (without the setting use previews checked)?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2013 12:02 PM   in reply to reToolednet

What he's seeing is the result of PP's stronger antialiasing.  If you create the same text in PS, PP and AE, then get a PNG of all three and compare, you will see the difference.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2013 12:08 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

yeah, premiere's titler defintely is aliasing more than the others. not

a fan.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2013 12:15 PM   in reply to reToolednet

I like it.  I find the text 'smoother' looking.  And if you want it 'sharper' (read: more jagged), you can always use PS or AE.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2013 9:33 AM   in reply to nw42

Nope.  You'll have to use PS or AE to create your titles.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points