Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Why does shape made using clipping mask dissappear when merged?

Feb 14, 2013 3:32 AM

I have a pretty simple design.

Some text and shapes all expaneded and turned into outlines. I have one shape that was created by using a clipping mask.

I am putting a vector distress pattern over the whole design (like I usually do and it works fine) well I merge them together and everything is completely fine except the shape created with the clipping mask it dissappears....anyone know why? or a way to fix this?

thanks

more info: i actually released the clipping mask and I am still having the same problem with this object, it dissappears when merged with the vector distress pattern, anyone know what that can be?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 14, 2013 7:51 AM   in reply to Seaside333

Hard to determine from your post wihtout a screenshot what exactly you are using for the clipping maks, and what the contents are.

Usually the problem is with your clipping mask when items disapear.

You may have more than one compound path or groups(eg: each shape is it's own compound path). You would want to release all compounds and groups, select all your knoclout shapes (donut holes) and compound path them, then select all items for you clipping mask and make a compound path (this is how postcript likes what you use for a your clipping mask)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points