Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Elements 4 auto analyze off

Feb 14, 2013 7:36 AM

Tags: #detection #scene #auto-analyzer #premiere_elememts_4

Help.  I tried to install Premiere Elements 9 on my old Vista machine and got the dreaded error 1935 CE3230AC-E72E-3EDF-8A57-87FCE1CF2629 HRESULT: 0x80071A30.  Searching for help, I came to the conclusion that it is a registry cash screwed up and reinstalling Vista is really the only way.  So I went back, reinstalled Premiere Elements 4 and came here for help with:  Auto Analyze, scene detect seems to be on and I can't turn it off??? Capturing video from DV leaves me with 100 files instead of the 1 I want.  Impossible to find help/support for PE4.  Anyone know now to turn this make many files on capture off????

Tom Pears tpearsATaol.com

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 14, 2013 9:23 AM   in reply to tompears

First, I'd recommend you run a registry cleaner on your computer. It should save you a major overhaul of the computer. (Though a $70 upgrade to Windows 7 might be even wiser.)

You can use EasyCleaner or my personal favorite Advanced System Care Free, both of which are free. (Advanced System Care does a lot of wonderful cleaning and tuning with a single click of a button -- but some people object to it because it's Chinese software. But, in my experience, as long as you watch the option screens during installation and reject the tool bar it wants to add to your browser, it won't add anything bad to your computer.)

Since Premiere Elements 4 predates Windows Vista by nearly 2 years, you'll be much better off with version 9.

With either, you can turn off the Auto Analyzer during capture by setting it to break scenes by Timecode (or not at all) rather than by Content.

You can also turn off the Auto Analyzer that runs in the background by going to the Elements Organizer program and unchecking the option under Edit/Preferences/Auto Analyzer.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2013 5:16 AM   in reply to tompears

In order to turn off the background Auto Analyzer, you need to be in the Elements Organizer program. Not Premiere Elements. You can launch the Elements Organizer from the Premiere Elements Welcome screen when you first start the program.

The option to break scenes by content is on the the Capture screen, which opens when you select the DV Capture option under the Get Media button under the Premiere Elements Edit tab. This will only affect how the program performs with freshly captured DV video, of course.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2013 3:28 PM   in reply to tompears

I can see none of the images you posted with your response, Tom. Sorry.

Also, I very much advise you against responding to an e-mail from this forum or posting from a mobile device. Your cently post includes two e-mails and a phone number. As you're probably aware, spambots cruise these forums looking for personal information like that so that they can bombard you with spam.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2013 3:41 PM   in reply to tompears

Tom,

For attaching screen-caps to the forum Replies, this article might be useful: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4047580#4047580

As Steve points out, often e-mail clients cannot attact images, in the forum, and it is much easier from browser access via HTTP.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - As Steve points out, personal info is rather exposed in an open forum, like this one. Steve can delete that personal information, if you like.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2013 6:16 PM   in reply to tompears

E-mail is a bit different here. You were replying to Steve's post, or really to the notification of it, and not to a direct e-mail from Steve.

What you got was an e-mail "notification," that there was a response to your post. There are several different ways to get e-mail notifications from the Adobe Forums.

If one replies via an e-mail client, then it goes to the forum, though there can be some limitations, such as the inability to attach an image, in most cases - differs by e-mail client and how their POP server handles things.

For general usage of the forum, I recommend accessing them via HTTP, and a Web browser, to have all features, and to see all posts to a thread. Others still like the POP access, via an e-mail client (say Outlook), from either their computer, smartphone, or tablet.

I have all e-mail notifications turned OFF, and just manually check the various forums, but that is just me.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points