Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Issues with encoding in AME vs. PP CS 6 ...

Feb 14, 2013 6:56 AM

I have an .avi file with SD 720x480i LFF 29.97fps .9091 originally edited from miniDV material.  If I place that clip in an 1080i sequence and export with the H.264 Blu-ray format 1080i UFF 29.97fps and select multiplexing to produce an .m2t file and export it plays fine on my PC and my PS3.  I tried as-is and also another variant with scale to frame.   However, if I pull that same file into AME, select the the same format and match the same preset settings, then export a .m2t that resultant file plays ok, but on my PS3 there is no audio and video has this weird stutter effect over the whole frame.   (The same thing happens if I start with a .mpeg format file with the same video characteristics.)

Please ignore the why are you putting SD into HD, etc. topic, that's not the point and I can go into the details if really necessary.   What I'm confused about is why I'm getting different results.   Is there some sort of magic that is occuring dropping into a 1080i sequence first before exporting out of PP CS6?   Or something else that I need to do in AME?

PS The reason I'm asking is I that have 57 files covering twelve years of home video I was hoping to batch convert to the above format for primary playback on PS3, PC secondary, without discs.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 14, 2013 7:44 AM   in reply to joneisele

Adding footage to a sequence can make a difference in the end result.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2013 8:17 AM   in reply to joneisele

Well, I'm not sure I'd consider Adobe tools capable of 'high quality' uprezzing to HD.

You may want to look at Red Giant's Instant HD.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2013 11:09 AM   in reply to joneisele

I think we need to see a screen capture of the sequence settings, your ame settings, etc. to really answer this.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2013 12:38 PM   in reply to joneisele

Premiere Pro sequence setting.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2013 4:07 AM   in reply to joneisele

Please don't double-post.  I locked your duplicate topic to give you a chance to copy what you wrote.  Put the additional data in this thread.  Thanks.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2013 6:32 AM   in reply to joneisele

I understand.  But the topic is still active, and responses are still requested.  Those could be posted in either or both topics, which would increase the confusion you were hoping to avoid.    Having all of the info in one topic will be a net gain overall.  Plus, the troubleshooting steps to get to this point may be instructive to future visitors.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2013 10:28 AM   in reply to joneisele

I'd have to set up a test scenario, which I don't have time for right now.  My first thought (and at this point my only one) is that both Pr and the AME are interpreting the footage incorrectly, but when you place the footage into a Pr sequence, some combo of settings in the sequence is adding info for export from Pr that simply isn't available in the proxy sequence that is generated automatically by the AME for the queued file.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points