Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 3 Way Color Corrector - levels controls for high/mid/shadow

Feb 14, 2013 9:03 AM

Did they remove the ability to adjust input/output levels for just the highlights, midtones, or shadows? I see all the color wheel controls and sliders for each segment, but can't seem to figure out how to isolate, say, the highlight input level, to adjust just the input levels for just the highlights without it affecting the midtones or shadows.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 14, 2013 12:19 PM   in reply to db2012_02

The effect was redesigned for CS6, so that is possible.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2013 2:38 PM   in reply to db2012_02

Yep. I put up this same complaint a few weeks ago. They neutered the 3way CC. Being able to target input\output levels to highlight, midtone, or shadows is a big deal. I am baffled at why they thought this would be better. Part of the reason I like CS 5.5 better and recommend to people not to upgrade from 5.5.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2013 12:34 PM   in reply to db2012_02

Please submit a feature request is this change bugs you. I'd like the previous 3-way CC features and abilities restored.

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2013 12:45 PM   in reply to wfmc staffer

FWIW

Another way of doing what you want is more like the methods higher end grading / CC applications use. eg DA Vinci Resolve.

These are usually nodal and hierachal (sp?).  ie. they apply more than one effect to the image in a "line of applied effects". THe order of them can make a difference.

So example in Premiere.apply ...Levels Effect then  a 3-Way .

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2013 4:29 AM   in reply to shooternz

I was also surprised that they removed this feature from the 3-Way Color Corrector. However, you can use the Luma Corrector to achieve very similar tonal range specific adjustments.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points