Skip navigation
sgrya1
Currently Being Moderated

Create PDF in "Single Page" Page Layout

Feb 14, 2013 10:32 AM

All our invoices are sent as pdfs. They are typically a single page and it would be great if when they are opened you see the entire page.

When we print them to pdf they are set to the "Default" page layout but when opened you can only see the top of the page.

I can manually change them by opening the pdf and changing the File>Properties>Initial View to Single Page.

Is there any way to change the print settings to create pdf's so that they open in a full view of the one page?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 14, 2013 12:27 PM   in reply to sgrya1

What operating system and what application creates the PDFs?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2013 6:20 PM   in reply to sgrya1

That didn't entirely answer my question. I said "what APPLICATION is creating the PDF." Some applications like Microsoft Office applications have a built-in PDF Maker that gives some control of output, possibly including setting attributes for how a file is opened. If you're just using a print driver to print to PDF then that capability is probably not available, and you'll have to do it manually as you are now.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2013 8:50 PM   in reply to sgrya1

You might check the printer properties (Settings) to see if you can set it at the time of creation. You may have to change the settings file and save it to a new name for use (the originals are read only files). Otherwise, you will have to open the PDF and use ctrl-D to get the document properites. Select the initial view tab and select full page.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2013 12:41 PM   in reply to sgrya1

You can set a default view in Preferences <Edit, Preferences>.

Under the Page Display category, set the default layout and zoom.

A slightly smaller Zoom display percentage may work.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2013 6:26 AM   in reply to Brandpointe

That meets his need on HIS computer as long as no preference is set in the PDF properties. However, I believe he was interested in a more general solution to set the properites within the PDF to meet an office need.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points