Skip navigation
maksises
Currently Being Moderated

I have a original signature which has been done by blue pen. How to........

Feb 14, 2013 10:12 AM

Welcome. I have a signature on a piece of paper which has been done with blue pen. It has been scanned  at resolution of 600x600 dpi.  I want my signature to look like ​​the original one after printing. Is it possible? There is a plenty of tutorials how to do that with normal black pen or how to do transparency etc. I need signature which looks like originals blue pen. Thank You. Sorry for my english

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 14, 2013 3:20 PM   in reply to maksises

Yes, it is possible to print a scanned image to look like the original. Your question is not clear. Is there a problem with your scan?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2013 3:51 PM   in reply to maksises

Getting a specific printer to print good color is potentially a complex subject. Are you Mac or PC? Are you using ICC profiles for color management? What kind of printer are you using? Your printer may come with its own set of ICC profiles, but depending on the printer, images may need to be printed with certain settings, on specific paper matched to the printer and print settings. Also, you may need to both calibrate your monitor to see more accurate color, and then make color adjustments to the scan in Photoshop. In this forum context, it is very difficult to be more specific on what you should do to get color-accurate prints on your printer.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2013 1:14 AM   in reply to maksises

Have you print something else and how it looks? I mean any other color image with same colormode.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2013 5:20 AM   in reply to maksises

Maskises,

"ICC" stands for "International Color Consortium," an open, vendor-neutral color management system which functions transparently across all operating systems and software packages. Basically, this means that when you create an image in Photoshop with an ICC profile in it, and you print that image using the ICC profile supplied with your printer (usually with a specific paper stock) then you get the color you expect. This of course, assumes that your monitor is also calibrated and has its own ICC profile, so you're reasonably confident that what you see on screen is accurately depicting the color image as well.

If you're using Photoshop in a design or creative suite, then fire up Bridge, and set Edit>Color Settings for all your Adobe applications. If you only have Photoshop and not a design or creative suite, then in Photoshop go to Edit>Color Settings. This might send you to the manual, or to reading up on color management for more understanding. But if you want your prints to look like the original, this is the road you should probably travel.

BTW, not all printer drivers use ICC profiles. I don't have any experience with the Brother J315, but I'm sure you can find out whether it does by reading the documentation. Good luck!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points