Skip navigation
SCI_Catie87
Currently Being Moderated

Missing Text in Acrobat 6.0

Feb 14, 2013 1:43 PM

Tags: #missing_text #acrobat_pro_6.0

I create large PDF documents from multiple smaller PDF documents for work. When I create a rather large document (over say 150pgs), some text on some pages go missing. I took screen shots to display what I'm talking about. It seems to be random letters from random pages, but if I create the document over again, it's the same random text on the same random pages, if that makes sense. Unfortunately we have a pretty old version of Acrobat Pro (I've been begging for an update, we'll see if I get it...)

Correct Text.JPG

The above is how the text is supposed to look, and does look when it is in a document by itself (this document is approx 4 pgs long).

Missing Text.JPG

This is what happens when it is in the large document (252 pgs, approx).

Anybody have any suggestions as to what's up or how I can fix it?

Thank you!!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 14, 2013 9:05 PM   in reply to SCI_Catie87

How are you combining the files? Are you using Document>Insert Pages? How do the font lists for the various PDFs compare (ctrl-D > font tab) and are the fonts embedded and/or subset? Are you using AA6.0.0 or have you updated it to the current 6.0.6 (an update may be in order)? In case it is needed, what OS are you using? With AA6, I suspect it is XP on a 32-bit machine.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points