Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

batch rename in bridge???

Feb 14, 2013 7:10 PM

It says you can but whenever I select a photo in the bridge browser it immediately automaticallty opens photoshop and it will not allow me to select more than one image.   What am I doing wrong?  I'm using Cs6 on a mac.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 14, 2013 7:37 PM   in reply to straightlife

Not sure on a Mac but on a Win machine you hold down the ctrl key and click the images you want.  Then right click on one of the images and a drop down list will appear with the batch rename option.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 15, 2013 3:27 PM   in reply to straightlife

whenever I select a photo in the bridge browser it immediately automaticallty opens photoshop

Can you specify this a bit more, to me it sounds you are using the favorites panel to select the images?

A favorite is no more then an alias of the file in the content panel or a folder in the folder panel and with one click you activate this alias. To my opinion Favorites  should be only used for folders but thats me

In the content panel you can select a file with one click, double click opens it either in PS or Camera Raw using Bridge, depending on the settings you have made in the preferences.

On a Mac you can use click on the first file and shift click on the last wished to select a whole bunch. Using Command key you can select multiple single files using a random selection, etc.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points