Skip navigation
elizachagall
Currently Being Moderated

Problem with Adobe Bridge

Feb 14, 2013 10:10 PM

Tags: #bridge #photoshop_exchange

Hello. I have just downloaded a trial version of Adobe Photoshop - to try it out before I buy it. However, I am having problems with not being able to view images and folders I have just created in Adobe Bridge. For example, I've just edited an image but I can only see it in Finder, not in Adobe Bridge. Is this an issue with cached files and is there anything I can do? Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 17, 2013 11:43 PM   in reply to elizachagall

Good day!

You could ask over at the Bridge Forum if someone there has an idea on this issue.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/bridge/general

Regards,

Pfaffenbichler

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2013 10:43 AM   in reply to elizachagall

Hi there! Because the forum you originally posted in is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop, I moved your question to the Bridge General Discussion forum, where you'll get more specialized help.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2013 12:01 PM   in reply to elizachagall

If you want to purge the cache for a specific folder you can use Tools/Cache/purge cache for xxx folder.

When you say you have trouble view images in Bridge what exactly does that mean?  They can not be found or just poor quality?  If you have used iPhoto that program can hide the real photo so you are just viewing the thumbnail.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2013 12:18 PM   in reply to elizachagall

elizachagall wrote:

I inadvertently downloaded, and installed, the trial version of PS CS5.

This does not make sense as the only version Adobe sells now is CS6.  There are sites you can download trial versions of CS3-5 but they do not sell the product.  Kind of a service for those that lost their software.

By the way, if you buy CS6 as a download make a copy of the files on disk along with s/n and save in safe place in case you need in future.

In Folders Tab of Bridge do you see the folders and files?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2013 12:52 PM   in reply to elizachagall

Probably not an install issue so you would gain nothing.  Got to be something you are doing as this is puzzling.

I would do the first aid for Bridge.  Since you have Finder will assume on a Mac.

Reset your preferences by holding down the Option Key and starting Bridge.  You will get a reset window with 3 options.  Choose all three.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points