Skip navigation
Mike Tennessee
Currently Being Moderated

Encore - Slideshow decoder

Feb 14, 2013 9:58 PM

Make: HP

Encore CS 6

While trying to build a simple slideshow, Encore is giving me the following error during build: "The software that's used to decode the media is not available on this system.  Installing the cor ... "

1. I am new to Encore, so obvious mistakes are possible.
  2. I have read other forum entries instructing to reduce all images below 4000 pixels.  I have done so.
  3. I have read other forum entries instructing to update QT and the H.264 (or something) codec.  I have done so.
  4. I have read to reduce images to 720x480 pixels.  I haven't tried this yet, but really?  This is 15th Century Art to be displayed on a 50 inch plasma.  Prefer the high res.
  5. I made a similar slideshow in Microsoft Movie Maker but with only 30 high res images (with music), and it used the entire DVD.  In Encore, I am using over 100 high res images, and it estimates I will only use 370 MB??

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 14, 2013 10:24 PM   in reply to Mike Tennessee

Are you making a DVD or Bluray? If DVD, the resolution will be 720X480. Encore may not downrez the material as well as other options. Yes, one reason to use higher resolution images is for transitions added in Encore.

What are your default transcode settings in the Encore project?

Edit: What format are the slides?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points