Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Getting Chapter Markers from Premiere CS6 -> Encore CS6

Feb 15, 2013 1:51 AM

Hi all,

I set up my Premiere Pro CS6 sequence with all 30 of my chapter markers and titles. I have a Matrox MXO2 LE w/ MAX and so I use this to encode Matrox H.264 Blu-ray files in Adobe Media Encoder. Unfortunately, it seems that this format doesn't keep embedded metadata that transfers over to Encore CS6 when I import the *.264 and *.wav files as Assetts into a Timeline.

My proposed workaround was to add the Premiere sequence with Dynamic Link to a Timeline, which brought the markers over, and then Locate the Transcoded files, pointing to the 264 and WAV files. This appeared to work as Encore didn't want to Transcode anything. The odd thing was that Premiere thought the disc would only be 13.2GB when the 264/WAV were a combined 19.5GB. Strange. Additionally, when I attempted to build the disc, I got:

Blu-ray Error: "fatal error", Code: "6", Note: "Video buffer underflows. Total bitrate is too high near time = 6482.726244 seconds -

The file is a CBR @ 30Mbps, but Media Info says it is VBR @ 36Mbps max. Don't know what is going on there, but in any case....

If I add the 264/WAV files to the disc as Assetts, the disc is more realistically reported as 19.2GB. However, I still get the same error.

I wish you could add the Premiere sequence to a Timeline to add the markers and then remove it to keep them. For some reason, there is no Replace Asset option for a Premiere timeline.

I REALLY don't want to manually rechapter this whole timeline in Encore, Title them, and then reset Poster Frames. Ugghh..

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 17, 2013 3:36 PM   in reply to Nick Marques

Try this:

1. Turn off the video eyeballs in PP.  This makes the video black, and very quick to export.

2. Export out using an H.264 Blu-ray preset.  This will give you usable audio, an .m4v file and chapter markers.

3. Then turn the eyeballs back on and export out just the video using Matrox.  Be sure to use a different name.

4. Bring the black video and .wav file into Encore as a Timeline.  Chapter markers will be there.

5. Perform a Replace Asset on the black video with the Matrox version.

6. Viola!  Matrox video with chapters.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points