Skip navigation
Tsi74
Currently Being Moderated

Small help needed with swf in flash CS6!

Feb 15, 2013 3:27 AM

Tags: #export #swf #flash_professional #animation #cs6

Hey everyone! I have a question I’d like to ask, and just wanted to point out a few things. I’m not very advanced with flash software, so I don’t know too much about it. My question was, if it would be possible to take an swf animation- (One that’s already been uploaded on the internet) Put it into Flash CS6, and possibly just change the music that is playing in that flash animation. So that when it’s all done, the animation plays just as it did originally, but with the new track of music that has been put into it.

Any support would be amazing! Thank you!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 15, 2013 4:23 AM   in reply to Tsi74

You cannot edit answf, you need to edit the fla that created it.

You could build that swf so that it loads the music track dynamically and just change the music track (giving the new track the same file name).

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2013 4:32 AM   in reply to Tsi74

It depends how the sound is used in the swf file. If the sound is streamed from a file on a server, you will most likely get errors when trying to import it in your own library. It also depends on which ActionScript it uses (1,2 & 3). If you drag the swf on the stage of your fla any tweens in it will be converted to keyframes and you will lose traditional (timeline-embedded sound) anyway.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2013 5:14 AM   in reply to Tsi74

Here is a link to a simplofoed tutorial regarding how to use the Sound class in AS3 to load an external sound file.

http://www.foundation-flash.com/tutorials/as3sound/

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points