• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with ASP 32-bit Apps with CFpages on Windows 2008 64-bit with CF10 64-bit

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2013 Feb 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed CF10-64bit on Windows 2008 server (64 bit).  When I opened the CF admin, it gave me an error - HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error. The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.  Module: IsapiModule, Handler: cfmHandler, Error Code: 0x800700c1.  After searching for solution in the internet, I finally made it work after changing the DefaultAppPool which is used by the CFIDE in the advance settings, the "Enable 32-bit Applications" to False.

Now, my problem is I have an ASP application which requires that the application pool advance settings must be set to True for "Enable 32-bit Applications".  I created another application pool for this application.  It woks fine.  However, this ASP application calls some CF pages and I'm having a problem because the CF10 is set to use a different application pool with diferent setting for "Enable 32-bit Applications".

In order for my application to work, it seems that I need to install the CF10 32 bit version.  Am I right?  Or is there a work around for my issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my experience, we are using a 32-bit COM object, we are required to run a 32-bit version of ColdFusion on a 64-bit server.  I'm not sure what the pros and cons of running 64bit CF vs. 32bit CF, but they do require the appropriate application pool settings to work.  32bit CF runs quite well on a 64bit server from my experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.  I already downloaded the CF10 32-bit version, which I'm planning to install. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main difference between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of ColdFusion is the amount of memory you can allocate to the JVM.  With the 32-bit version, the practical limit is usually somewhere between 1.3GB and 1.8 GB of memory (although getting it close to 1.8GB is usually difficult).  With a 64-bit version of ColdFusion, you can allocate a seemingly unlimited amount of memory to the JVM (although there can be performance issues with allocating too much memory to the JVM).

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carl, you say that practical limit is 1.3 GB to 1.8 GB.  I usually put it at 1024 MB in the settings.  Are you saying I could go as high as 1300 MB, and not worry about being unable to start the CF service and then having to ninja around in the .xml files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It will depend on your particular setup (how much physical memory is installed, how many other applications are consuming memory).  You can try adding more to your JVM memory in little increments until it "breaks".  At that point, yes, you'd have to find your jvm.config file and set the memory allocation to the last one that worked.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation