Skip navigation
scubagal57
Currently Being Moderated

Tagging PEOPLE Photos

Feb 15, 2013 7:58 AM

I recently updated to PSE11 and was dismayed to find that there was no PEOPLE Keytag icon.  My photos are still tagged, and I can access them through that drop down menu (although I haven't figured to to access it easily) but I cannot tag new photos in that menu.  do not want to have duplicate my People Icon (friends and family).  How do I tag new photos and put them in the existing categories in that drop down menu.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 15, 2013 12:08 PM   in reply to scubagal57

You can drag drop people tags from the People Tags panel onto the images. Moreover you can create new people tags using right click >> add a person as well as by clicking Add People button from the bottom action panel.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2013 10:08 PM   in reply to scubagal57

See, if this your catalog is a converted one, click View >> Show people tags in tags panel.

On doing so, the right hand side panel where in keyword tags tree is being shown, will also accomodate your people tags from the previous version.

Now if you want to drag drop these tags on new images, you should be able to do so.

If not, then please take a screenshot of your Media view with Keyword Tags panel open on the right hand side and share with us.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2013 9:12 PM   in reply to scubagal57

I'm glad that helped you.

Cracked thumbnail files? Can you please explain it more? How did you get these broken thumbnails? Is it in media view or in people view?

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2013 9:46 PM   in reply to scubagal57

Just to re-emphasize, please keep repairing and optimizing your catalog using File >> Manage Catalogs. This helps in keeping thumbnail cache updated so you shouldn't see broken thumbs.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2013 9:13 PM   in reply to scubagal57

Hi,

Yes you are right. repair and then optimize. If the catalog size is not too much, you may try regenerating thumbnails explicitly by renaming the thumbs.5.cache file to say thumbs.5.cache.old. This will be present in %appdata%\adobe\elements organizer\11.0\organizer\

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 10:18 PM   in reply to scubagal57

Yes. Regenerating thumbnails will take sometime but there's no harm in waiting since it stands a chance to correct the issue.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points