Text has disappeared from Illustrator files??? I can make a text box but no text shows up at all....when I pull up other files the text is missing aswell. I am sure I just clicked something but I can't figure out what...help!!!!
Is the text object still there? What kind of text object is it? Point text, path text or area text?
Is the red cross symbol there? Is anything there? Is the font installed? What system and version? Please provide as many information as possible. What exactly did you do?
C'mon, this can't happen to all your files just out of the blue.
It is just an area text and there is a red cross. It is any font and I am using CS6 with a window vista. It did happen out of the blue....I tried to change one letter in the word Preston to a different file. the PRE TON was one font and the S was going to be another font....after that it just went blank
If the red cross looks something like the image below, it means that, somehow, your text got way too big for the box it is in.
Since you say this is happening in all files, my first thought would be to rset the preferences:
1) Close the program and press Ctrl+Alt+Shift/Cmd+Option+Shift during startup (not reversible)
2) Move the Folder. See:
* * * * *
Does your red cross look like this?
Do you have a "wireframe" mode that can show you everyting on the page?
wow....didnt come here to get trashed or insulted.
sorry for that. Could you please give more information? I mean, since you have been using Illustrator for such a long time, you should know which kind of information might help to identify problems.
- which fonts are concerned?
- what has happened before the problem occured. Sorry, but I don't get the impression that you're telling us everything. Did you install fonts, an upgrade, a third party plugin ...
- are you using a font manager? What happens if you disable it?
- did you have a crash?
- where are your files stored?
- have you checked your fonts?
- does Illustrator throw any error? Missing fonts e.g.
Ok....so here is everything that happened. I was making a file to bring into corel to cut for vinyl:
I typed the name Preston.
I changed the entire name to brush script.
I then highlighted and just changed the the "s" to hanshand font.
There was no crash, no bad code that came up nothing....the text disapeared. I tried putting in wireframe view...nothing.....changed the font....nothing.
I opened another file and it showed no text, another file...same issue. All art is present but no text.
I am not using a font manager, the files are all stored in folders on my desktop.
All fonts seem to be fine and are working in other programs.
OK, this is a freefont.
There are a couple of things:
- then the font itself may be bad
- a recent Windows update ruined fonts: http://www.h-online.com/security/news/item/Security-update-for-Windows -lets-fonts-disappear-1771419.html
Europe, Middle East and Africa