Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

chapter marker to DVD

Feb 15, 2013 8:35 AM

Tags: #premiere #encore #marker #chaper

Hi,

I have 7 small video files and would like to put them all together on a DVD with

menu. People can choose which one to watch. I wonder if I need a Premier Pro to do that.

Or, I need Adobe Encore.

I don't need to be fancy. I just need menu would work.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 15, 2013 8:50 AM   in reply to commonguy101

You can only get Encore with Premiere, so you don't have to choose there.

If you have the 6 video files already, and they need no editing, you can do this in Encore.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2013 8:55 AM   in reply to commonguy101

It is probably easiest to just Import those Clips into an Encore Project (or use Adobe Dynamic Link to do so), then design your Menus and navigation there, and probably with a bit of Photoshop work.

I would Import each as a Timeline (rather than ganging them onto one Timeline), and use Playlists to do the navigation.

Should you need any input on using Encore, there is a great, and very active Encore Forum, with a lot of helpful people: http://forums.adobe.com/community/encore/encore_general

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2013 12:38 PM   in reply to commonguy101

If you have Photoshop, a good place to start, when working with Menus is to Open one of the Library Menus and study it, with the Layers Panel also open.

The Library Menus can be altered to suit, and that study time with the Layers Panel will show you the naming conventions, etc., that are needed to turn a PSD into a Menu. Just do not Save your work OVER the Library Menu, but elsewhere.

Jeff Bellune, our MOD both here and in the Encore Forum has a good book, that covers the basics of Menus in Encore, The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe EncoreDVD 2.0, Focal Press. The book is for an earlier version of Encore, but the section on Menus still applies to Encore CS 6, and almost any version of Photoshop. Also, most of the book will still apply, as it works within the specifications of DVD-Video, and those specs. have not changed. Well worth the $ to get started with Encore.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2013 7:41 PM   in reply to commonguy101

With the Adobe suites, you get an interface with Encore and both PrPro and Photoshop. Those direct interfaces can be real time-savers. With Encore and PrPro, you get those interfaces without any suite.

Good luck, and AdobeTV is a great place to start.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2013 8:12 PM   in reply to commonguy101

If you look in the Project Panel in Encore, you will see the Transcode Status of your Assets. If you Imported 100% DVD-compliant MPEG-2's, then that cell in the Project Panel should read "Do not Transcode." What do you see?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2013 8:52 PM   in reply to commonguy101

A good place to start is the tutorial list in message #3 http://forums.adobe.com/message/2276578

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points