Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Tiff bug in CS6 suite

Feb 15, 2013 9:45 AM

Hi,

There is a big bug in the CS6 , tiff file format have change, and when i generate a tiff file ( flaterned image with alpha layer) in photoshop CS6 or after effect CS6,

the alpha layer can not be used in indesign CS5, i need to open my tiff in photoshop CS5.5 and save it agin to get a working image.

If i open the image generate by CS6 ( photoshop or after) in photoshop (any version) or indesign CS6 alpha layer is working fine, but not in the previous version of indesign ....

If someone have an idea, a solution or a patch, it's can be a good help .....

Thanks

Mr

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 15, 2013 4:52 PM   in reply to cloud01@okan3d.com

Yes, that was a bug in InDesign CS5 -- they failed to read the spot channel and alpha channel information correctly from the Photoshop metadata (somehow their code was about 7 years behind).

That is fixed in InDesign CS6.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2013 3:44 AM   in reply to cloud01@okan3d.com

Why are you not using psd files?

Why are you flatting the file, keep them as layers (or reduce them to one layer) and use alpha transparency.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2013 7:48 AM   in reply to cloud01@okan3d.com

I think ID CS5.5 had an update to fix the bug in their code, and ID CS6 has it fixed.

But I don't believe they updated ID CS 5.0.

Try using a PSD file - but they may have the same bug in ID.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2013 4:46 AM   in reply to cloud01@okan3d.com

Curious to hear how you made out since we are having this problem with Photoshop CS6 TIFFs as well.

Would be nice to know if Adobe was going to patch CS5 or not I would rather not save images in alternate formats in order to avoid having to manually re-link large numbers of images in InDesign CS5.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2013 11:17 AM   in reply to Hahnium

The problem is not in Photoshop, the problem is that InDesign failed to update their TIFF reading code after 7 years or more.

I doubt that InDesign will be patching CS5.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points