Skip navigation
mollymurph2@me.com
Currently Being Moderated

Installing Elements 11 upgrade

Feb 15, 2013 5:09 PM

Tags: #installation

I recently uninstalled Elements 8 from my computer.  I decided to try again with Elements and purchased Elements 11 up grade.  I have serial #'s for both additions.  However, I can't get Elements 11 to install.  I see the Premiere Elements icon, but all I can get is the re-me file.

Do I need to put Elements 8 back on my computer to install the upgrade, if so how?

M

Message title was edited by: Brett N

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 15, 2013 12:00 PM   in reply to mollymurph2@me.com

What is you OS.... I tried an older version of Element 3.0 on a computer with Windows 7 and it would not load properly.... is your set up compatable with Elements 11

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2013 12:53 PM   in reply to mollymurph2@me.com

Well you do not need Elements 8 to install Elements 11 on your computer.Can you please tell which OS you are on? How are you trying to install Elements?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2013 5:04 PM   in reply to 18qwer

Yeah, you definitely don't need the old version installed to install a new version, even if it's an upgrade. But I don't quite follow what you are running in to. Have you installed Premiere Elements 11 and can't launch it? Or have you inserted the disk and can't install? Or did you download the program and can't install?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points