Skip navigation
This discussion is locked
froco5
Currently Being Moderated

Any advice? Canon 6D and CS5?

Feb 15, 2013 11:26 AM

So my CS5 will not read my Canon 6D files when I shoot in RAW. I figured out how to convert(dowloaded the DNG converter)  but now a new problem! Can someone explain this...

The photo that I have taken on my Canon 6D is 19.1 MB. When I take it off my camera and onto my computer.

I had to download the DNG converter for my CS5 to read the file.

When I take the photo into CS5 my Camera RAW window opens up (before it goes directly into Photoshop).

I tweak my pic and then hit "open"...it opens in photoshop and then I save my file to jpg....and the file size is now 9MB...why is this happening? Why is it going from 19 to 10?! I dont want to lose that much information? Is it because its going to jpg?

The reason I am exporting the final as a jpg is because I am buring it onto a disc and I dont know another format that most computers can read? For example I am giving some photos of a valentines shoot to my in laws and I dont know what thier computer can read...so I pick jpg?

I thought about upgrading to CS6...but someone posted that this will not fix my problem of photoshop reading my RAW files?

I also have lightroom 4 but have not opened it yet...any suggestions?

Can someone help out? This may be an easy fix?!

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points