Skip navigation
chiug
Currently Being Moderated

How can I edit a DVD Template for Premiere Elements 10?

Feb 15, 2013 11:27 AM

Tags: #photoshop #elements #10 #premiere_elements #photoshop_elements #elements_10 #photoshop_elements_10

In previous versions of Premiere Elements, I would edit DVD Templates using Photoshop or Photoshop Elements to include my logo and change the color or tint of the background. Now, I can only see the Fun template in the DVD Templates folder. I want to modify the Extreme Sports template, but can't find it now. Where are all the other templates located?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 15, 2013 4:10 PM   in reply to chiug

You can swap a background for a template right in Premiere Elements. No need to do so in Photoshop.

But if you do feel the need to edit the PSD file templates, it's no different in version 10 than in the previous versions. Are you sure you installed the Additional Content?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2013 8:46 PM   in reply to chiug

I would do a Search of my system, for *.PSD, and those Menu Sets should show up there.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2013 9:30 AM   in reply to chiug

chiug wrote:

You can't add a logo or any other kind of graphic to a Disc Menu template in Premiere Elements. You have to edit it in Photoshop and replace the template in the DVD Templates folder. The problem is that the Disc Menu templates OTHER THAN Fun don't appear in the DVD Templates folder. It doesn't matter whether you install all the Additional Content or not (which is a waste of space and time to download), because the Extreme Sports template is installed somewhere already. My question is WHERE?

Good question. I cant find them either.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2013 3:10 PM   in reply to Ann Bens

Install the excellent 'Search Everything' utility and enter 'extreme' as a search term. Note that when you first run 'Everything' it takes time to index your drive(s). After that though it is a nearly instantaneous start.

1.png

Cheers,

--
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2013 6:14 PM   in reply to nealeh

I see but one folder for E11 on your machine.

I am looking for the content of the dvd templates for E11 and i did do a windows search.

BTW I do not want to install unnecessary tools, that is how ones machine gets clutered. I like to keep it nice and clean.

If I go to the dvd templates for E11 on my machine there is but one folder: Common/slideshows/pan and zoom. So where is the rest hidden?

I know several have been downloaded. So where are they?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2013 8:57 AM   in reply to Ann Bens

In PRE11 it's "C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Premiere Elements\11.0\Online\DVD Templates\All_Lang\Sports\(AV) Extreme\".

For PRE10 I suggest you look under ""C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Premiere Elements\10.0\" for something similar. It may even be the same, just without the 'Online'  subfolder. Or possibly (I've not had v10 installed for a while now so this is just a vague memory) "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 10\Movie Themes\Style\Extreme Sports".

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers