Skip navigation
aaronnovack
Currently Being Moderated

display issues

Feb 15, 2013 12:12 PM

Tags: #photoshop #help #error #image

When working in photoshop, my image will disappear and instead several blocks of color will take it's place.  How can I correct this?  Currently the only way I can correct this is to close photoshop and restart it, however, the problem persist again a short time later.  Running Windows 7 Pro, 64bit, CS5

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 17, 2013 11:44 PM   in reply to aaronnovack

Good day!

Does turning off OpenGL in the Performance Preferences and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

Boilerplate-text:

Are Photoshop and OS fully updated and have you performed the usual trouble-shooting routines (trashing prefs by keeping command-alt-shift/ctrl-alt-shift pressed while starting Photoshop after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved and making a note of the Preferences you’ve changed, 3rd party plug-ins deactivation, system maintenance, cleaning caches, font validation, etc.)?

Regards,

Pfaffenbichler

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 18, 2013 10:50 AM   in reply to aaronnovack

Hi there! Because the forum you originally posted in is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop, I moved your question to the Photoshop General Discussion forum, where you'll get more specialized help.

To help others help you, please read through this article and provide any additional relevant details.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points