Skip navigation
1985amycalhoun
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 Bridge won't work in MAC X 10.8.2

Feb 15, 2013 2:43 PM

Hello People,

I  just spent an entire WEEK with Adobe on the phone trying to solve the problem of adobe bridge not opening / working on a MAC. Nothing is working and adobe keeps putting me off, referring it to the next "level" of help.  Their service is terrible. They promise to call me back at certain times and do not call back. They refer me to another level within thier departments and the supervisors don't honor their promises. I spend hours of time on hold.  I am FEED UP with this problem and the lack of respect from Adobe.

They keep trying to change the "permission" files of read and write within the "users" and it is not working. They go around and around trying the same fix that does not work.

Does ANYONE have help?  Has anyone found  the correct level of help at Adobe? 

Who at Adobe is actually knowledgable with fixing this problem?

How many of  "us" are out there with the same problem?

We must unite and get this fixed. 

All I can find is info that it can be fixed on a PC.  I even called Mac and they have no help.  They refer me to Adobe.

Please respond.

Thank you,

Amy

amycalhoun@sbcglobal.net

even called Mac and they have no help.  They refer me to Adobe.

Please respond.

Thank you,

Amy

amycalhoun@sbcglobal.net

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 15, 2013 3:17 PM   in reply to 1985amycalhoun

Does ANYONE have help?  Has anyone found  the correct level of help at Adobe? 

That depends on what you need, what version of Bridge are you trying to install on OSX 10.8.2 and what is the exact version number of it. Do you have a CS suite or a stand alone app like PS that has Bridge in it.

And did you already try to hold down the option key while starting Bridge and from the provided pop up window choose reset preferences?

How many of  "us" are out there with the same problem?

I can't tell but I use Bridge CS6 without problems on OSX 10.8.2 and I know a lot others that do also.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 15, 2013 5:09 PM   in reply to 1985amycalhoun

Frequently if a new installation of CS6 does not work it is because another version of Bridge is running in the background.  This happens when the older version is set to autoload at startup.  Only one version of Bridge can run at the same time.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points