Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

3D menu not showing

Feb 15, 2013 6:17 PM

Tags: #photoshop #creative_cloud #updates_via_aam

Apart form the many apparent issues with AAM and my solution of uninstalling all app and using cleaner tool, I have only been able to reinstall my apps via installing trial and licensing with CC ID I still cannot update any of my installed apps all fail to update.

However my specific quetsion here is, would it be expected the 3D men to show (having read many strins on this) with the following graphics card;

NVIDIA GeForce GS driver version 301.42, 512 MB, directx support 9.0c

OS windows XP, 32 bit SP3

The 3d menu does not show though PS recognises the graphics card and I have checked the use graphics card.

I tried installing on a laptop with windows vista 32 bit with Upto 358MB Mobile Intel Graphic media  accelerator X3100, this shows the 3D menu but all the actions are greyed out.

I have tried to install on an HP laptop windows 8, with intel (R) hd graphics, though AAM doesn't work here either, so using download assistant to try and download PS trial and license wit CC ID, only to have communication error 100 check your internet connection, though I know I am connected to the inernet.

Is the 3D menu likely to work on this laptop? if I can get it downloaded.

From the discussions I see this may be a licensing issue, I waited 45 mins on phone support (from NZ) yesterday and finally gave up, any feedback would be appeciated, I think adobe really needs to address the obvious AAM problems or the CC is only becoming a very frutrating experience, thankfully I am only using it to learn new skills, not learning much with all the downtime trying to fix problems though. I would hate to be trying to meet deadlines in a real business.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 15, 2013 6:32 PM   in reply to malcolangelo

CS6 3D will not work with the XP OS, sorry. 

With other OS you need at least 512k of VRAM on the video card.  Does the laptop have this?

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,513 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 15, 2013 6:59 PM   in reply to malcolangelo

Given that 3 newer versions of Windows have been released, it may be time to consider an upgrade for your XP system.  I'm not sure I'd suggest Windows 8 though.

By the way, the system requirements are listed here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/tech-specs.html

In my opinion the phrasing "Some GPU-enabled features are not supported on Windows XP" might be a bit too terse and non-descriptive, considering almost the entire difference between Photoshop Standard and Extended is "not supported on Windows XP".

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2013 2:51 PM   in reply to malcolangelo

Photoshop does not do well with 2 different GPU.  Disable the Intel 4000 as it is weakest one.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2013 12:20 PM   in reply to malcolangelo

i am also same problem pleas help me

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers