Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 Ray-Trace not displaying in Adaptive Resolution OSX

Feb 16, 2013 8:21 AM

Greetings!

I'm currently using After Effects CS6 on Lion 10.7.5 and my graphics card is a NVIDIA GTX 570. I have added this card to the supported cards text file and I've had great luck working with GPU. However, I turned on Ray-Trace 3D and everything on my screen that was a 3D layer dissapeared. If I select Fast Draft, I can see everyting. What gives?

I did the same test on my PC. I have a trial of After Effects loaded on my Windows 7 PC with the exact same card to test Ray-Trace. Ray-Traced 3D mode worked like a charm. I'd really hate to get another copy of AE just to render 3D on my PC. And I really don't want to spend $800 on a Quadro 4000 card either.

I'm using the most recent 10.7.5 NVIDIA drivers and CUDA on my Mac.

Thoughts?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 16, 2013 1:20 PM   in reply to ScottRwn

Make sure that your Cuda drivers are up to date and that your AE is also. That card should work just fine unless you've fouled something up in the settings or preferences file. If you think the preferences file may be damaged then you can delete the old one and AE will rebuild one for you when it starts again.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2013 3:18 PM   in reply to ScottRwn

I'm trying my hardest to stick with Mac rather than go back to Windows 7.

I like Macs better than Windows boxes as well, but I have to ask myself this:  how long will Apple stick with the Mac? 

Now, there's a mystery....

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2013 10:22 AM   in reply to ScottRwn

I'm having exactly the same problem. I have a GTX 570 Running on OS X mountain lion 10.8.2. Everything works fine in premiere pro, but in after-effects the GTX 570 seems to make ray traced rendering invisible, In exactly the same way that you describe. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Dave in answer to your question about how long Apple will stay with Mac The new Mac Pro that Tim Cook announced will tell us very clearly how serious they are about keeping power users.

If anyone has any advice about the ray traced rendering that would be amazing or potentially other forums to look at.

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points