Skip navigation
MadeByLight
Currently Being Moderated

drag and drop operation resulted in files gone missing

Feb 16, 2013 10:07 AM

Tags: #help #bridge #files #cs6

I would really appreciate some help as I have lost about 80 files. Here's what happened: I had a big folder of several hundred files and I was moving those files– photographs – into subfolders.I selected the photo in bridge and then used a drag and drop method to move it. It all went well except in two instances. One group of photos I dragged it to the wrong folder but when I searched I found them. Another group has gone missing. I have searched the whole computer for names of some of the photos in the missing group.it is as if they vanished into thin air. What could have possibly happened?

Thanks in advance!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 16, 2013 1:38 PM   in reply to MadeByLight

Personally I try to use Copy To or Move To whenever possible for these very reasons.

They have to be on the computer somewhere.  Searches are not always perfect.  Try with less specific names.  If you are searching with Bridge it probably will not pick them up as they are not indexed. 

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 17, 2013 5:28 AM   in reply to MadeByLight

I selected the photo in bridge and then used a drag and drop method to move it. It all went well except in two instances.

I always use the drag and drop method and if it goes wrong I usually are to fast and don't wait for Bridge to have completed or I did not point to the correct folder.

Without knowing what system you are on and what version of bridge you are using I agree with Curt that the files must be somewhere on your system (also check the Bin) and you better use a dedicated system search for it.

And what is "group.it"? If I do a google search it stops without result and group.it also has not understandable  or related results?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points