Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Which PE for loading .mts files directly

Feb 16, 2013 9:36 AM

Sorry but i couldn't quickly find this answer. I have PE 3.0 and now a JVC Everio that has .mts file extensions. I want to be able to put the card into a reader and be able to load the clips directly from the PE "get media" function. I don't want to convert them first. Which PE vesion do I need to buy or is the most similar to PE 3.0? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 16, 2013 10:16 AM   in reply to surf1ok

The current version, PrE 11, will Import MTS files, just fine. Be sure to Copy over the ENTIRE folder structure from your card to your HDD.

As for earlier versions, I think that PrE 7 was the first version to specifically handle MTS files well, but finding legit, older versions of PrE might prove difficult.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2013 10:45 AM   in reply to surf1ok

If you just  select files from the card, next time you open Elements and had removed the card meanwhile all clips will be offline.

General practice is to copy the whole card to hdd, the import the files you need into Elements.

But most systems (including my system) will run without any trouble if you only copy te files from the Stream to hdd that you will be needing.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2013 11:43 AM   in reply to surf1ok

Yes. If the media files are Imported into a Project from the card, or the camera's HDD, then it will need to be connected to the computer to edit with those files, as Ann points out. If the card is erased, rewritten, or not available, you will get Media Offline, as the link to the files will no longer be valid. With most NLE (Non Linear Editor) programs, and definitely with Premiere, the media files are NOT contained within the Project file - only the links to the location of those files, when Imported. For a little more info on the Project Files, see this article: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3392837#3392837

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2013 12:24 PM   in reply to surf1ok

>explain a little more about copying the enitre folder to HDD

Metadata contained in folder http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1015001?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2013 4:02 PM   in reply to surf1ok

Great news, and thank you for reporting your success.

Happy editing,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points