Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 PS color swatches

Feb 16, 2013 11:06 AM

In my text book it tells me " In the Swatches panel, click the color box for #F2CA80 with the eyedropper tool". I am not familiar with this (#F2CA80) code. I can't find anything on it and we have not covered it in the book as of yet. Does anyone know anyhing about this? Any help will be appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 17, 2013 11:02 AM   in reply to Ty Oglesby

Hi there,

That color code is referring to the "Hex value" of the color. I'm not sure what text book you're reading, but you can easily make your own swatch of this color to use in your lesson!

Double click the Foreground color in your toolbar:

foregroundColor.png

A window will pop up. This is the Color picker. The Color picker allows you to choose whatever colors you like to use in your project. You'll notice in the bottom area of the Color picker window, there is a code box for the Hex code. Double click inside to highlight the current code and copy and paste #F2CA80 into the code box:

colorPicker.png

f2ca80.png

Then, navigate to the top right hand side of the Color picker window and click "Add to Swatches".

addTo.png

A dialog box will appear asking you to specify the color swatch name. You can leave it as the default, or change it to whatever you like. After you have specified the name, click "Ok".

swatchName.png

And that's it! You now have that specific color in your Swatches panel to use throughout your project.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need further clarification!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points