Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Why do sequences disappear when resetting current workspace?

Feb 16, 2013 10:29 AM

If I create multiple sequences within a project, and 'reset current workspace', only the sequence tab currently selected will remain (at least, this is the case when I save and reopen the project). I tend to sync video and audio on the timeline in one sequence, and build an edited scene in another, so I lose either the synced rushes or the scene-in-progress.

Does anyone knows why this would happen?

thanks,

MI

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 16, 2013 12:40 PM   in reply to milfisland

They're not lost, just closed.  You can open them again with a double click from the bin.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2014 8:50 PM   in reply to milfisland

Question:   Double click on or from which Bin? Please explain in more detail. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2014 6:28 AM   in reply to TVPRICH

Capture.PNG

As you can see, I keep my sequences out side of any bins, and keep everything else in bins.

You may do it differently, but this is where mine are.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2014 10:21 AM   in reply to Steven L. Gotz

To address the OP's original question, each workspace "remembers" how many Timelines were open when it was saved. So if you have a different number of timelines open when you reset the workspace, the UI will revert to the number specified (unless, of course, the current project has fewer sequences than the number of Timelines specified).

You can save custom presets with a given number of Timelines, but that approach has a gotcha: Premiere doesn't know which sequences to load for you. Say a project with 20 sequences is open and you switch to your "Six Timelines" custom workspace. PPRO will load 6 timelines, but the odds are slim that they'll be the ones you want.

So opening the sequences as Jim and Steven instruct will probably be the easiest way to get the desired ones loaded. Note that you can open multiple selected sequences at once by right-clicking and selecting Open in Timeline.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points