Skip navigation
flashlund@msn.com
Currently Being Moderated

can't get in to cs6 message no scrarch disk available I have not subsribed to the extenede version e

Feb 16, 2013 1:24 PM

I have not subscribed to the exteneded version and it ran out today now when I boot up cs6 the message is could not open a scratch file because the disk is not available.

Whats going on??

I can't get into adobe cs6 now

Thank You

Dick

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 17, 2013 11:50 PM   in reply to flashlund@msn.com

Boilerplate-text:

Are Photoshop and OS fully updated and have you performed the usual trouble-shooting routines (trashing prefs by keeping command-alt-shift/ctrl-alt-shift pressed while starting Photoshop after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved and making a note of the Preferences you’ve changed, 3rd party plug-ins deactivation, system maintenance, cleaning caches, font validation, etc.)?

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 19, 2013 4:36 AM   in reply to flashlund@msn.com

Hello, where was your scratch disk located?

You can try to reset Photoshop's preferences if you hold CTRL+ALT+Shift as soon as you click on the Photoshop icon.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2013 8:01 AM   in reply to Pierre Courtejoie

I'm getting the same error message and I can replicate it. If I set my primary scratch disk to any other disk other than the boot drive PS6 will give me this error message. Even if I select another internal drive, it doe snot have to be an external, as the number one option for the scrtach disk PS6 will not boot.

Mac OS 10.8.2

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2013 8:18 AM   in reply to flashlund@msn.com

flashlund@msn.com wrote:

I have not subscribed to the exteneded version and it ran out today now when I boot up cs6 the message is could not open a scratch file because the disk is not available.

If you had a subscripton version and let it expire you have nothing.  Do you have a purchased copy of perpetual licence CS6?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2013 8:19 AM   in reply to flashlund@msn.com

You should change your user name as it is not wise to have you name as an e-mail address.  You are opening yourself up to spam attacks.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points