Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Error Messages

Feb 16, 2013 4:49 PM

I am using Premiere Elements 7.0 and receiving errors when burning BRD.  The BRD drive and disc are recognized, media compiles, but results in either fatal error to access denied error when starting the burn.  How can I avoid these errors?  I have reduced the size of the movie by 50%, but still generating errors.  I have burned other movies from PE that are longer in length.

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 16, 2013 6:51 PM   in reply to RESAMPSONJR

Hi, RESAMPSONJR. PRE has its own forum and you'll get better help with video questions there. I'll move this for you.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2013 8:35 PM   in reply to RESAMPSONJR

This is for Encore, but worth trying... http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2013 3:44 AM   in reply to RESAMPSONJR

Please provide screendumps of the error messages.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2013 9:02 AM   in reply to RESAMPSONJR

One more screen-cap, that could be useful, would be the full Timeline, with your Assets showing. You can hit the \ (Backslash key), to zoom out on the timeline. As you have 15 Menus, you must have a lot of Chapter Markers. Seeing though in the Timeline might yield a clue. Also, do you have a Stop Marker at the very end of the Timeline, remove that, as it is not needed, and can cause issues.

Also, if you are getting the error at approximately the same place in the operation, it might be good to do another screen-cap at about the point, where the error occurs, to see if you have an odd Asset at that point, or a gap in the Video.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2013 9:15 AM   in reply to RESAMPSONJR

Since you have Win7, did you try the right click and "Run as Administrator" option?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2013 9:22 AM   in reply to RESAMPSONJR

>Where is that option specifically

Go back and click the link I provided in message #2

Instead of Encore's icon, Premiere Elements

Also, some other things to consider...

Long File Names or odd characters cause problems

Read http://forums.adobe.com/thread/588273

And #4 http://forums.adobe.com/thread/666558

And This Message Thread http://forums.adobe.com/thread/665641

Things and Software to AVOID when authoring/burning a disc... says Encore, but also applies to Premiere Elements and disc burning

Start --> http://forums.adobe.com/thread/608660

#2 has WHY Explained http://forums.adobe.com/thread/607390

Plus http://forums.adobe.com/thread/562941

Create an ISO (Encore) or folder on your hard drive (Encore or Premiere Elements) and then use the FREE http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download to write files or folders or ISO to disc for DVD or BluRay (send the author a PayPal donation if you like his program)

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2013 9:23 AM   in reply to RESAMPSONJR

two errors, fatal or access denied.

That "Access Denied," may mean that the program is having an issue writing to the blank media in your Pioneer burner. That could be due to the brand of blank media (what are you using there?), or to an issue with the burner itself. Do you have the latest firmware, from Pioneer? If not, I would definitely update the firmware. BE SURE to read the full installation instructions (I print them out, as they can change, version to version), and follow them completely - VERY IMPORTANT.

Also, in Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager, check the Pioneer to make sure that you do not have any error, or warning messages there.

One last place to look, and especially with the "Fatal Error," is Windows Event Viewer, in both the System and Applications Tabs, for any warning, or error messages, at the time of the crash. If any of those have links, be sure to follow the links, as there might well be clues there.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2013 9:32 AM   in reply to RESAMPSONJR

When buring a disk, I usually close all other applications.

I tend to do the exact same thing. Many users claim that with today's very fast computers, it is no longer necessary, but I suppose that it's just a holdover technique from my days, when computers were quite slow, and burning a disc was a "big deal."

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2013 10:17 AM   in reply to RESAMPSONJR

Memorex is a brand known for buying the cheapest media that day, and then rebranding it with their logo. In the DVD industry that is known as the "Memorex Business Model," and has been adopted by other, once well-respected blank media mfgrs (that term used lightly), such as TDK and Ritek. I have seen trusted reports of a spindle of 50 blank DVD's having product from up to four mfgrs. (the companies, that actually created the blank media), all branded as Memorex.

If you continue to have problems, after exhausting all other avenues, I would try with another brand, such as Verbatim.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2013 10:28 AM   in reply to RESAMPSONJR

Buy a BD-RE for testing.

Also try making an iso first and play that on the pc. (Virtual Clone Drive)

If its ok you can burn it to disk.

Use Verbatim, Tayo Yuden or Falcon. The latter is not very common in Europe.

Not cheap, but in the long run cheaper than a bunch of coasters.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2013 10:52 AM   in reply to RESAMPSONJR

>Is the iso one of the options for sharing to a PC

You might re-read what I said in message 12

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2013 10:54 AM   in reply to RESAMPSONJR

In PrE, one CAN Burn to Folder for DVD-Video, but, unless it was added in PrE 11 (do not think so, but I could be wrong), only Burn to Disc is possible. PrE has never offered the Burn to Image (ISO), like Adobe Encore, and some other full-featured authoring apps can. [An Image, or ISO, is sort of like a ZIP archive file, that contains the full folder structure and necessary files, for a DVD, or BD.]

I had hoped that PrE would add the Burn to Folder for BD, as the blank media IS much more expensive (the BD-RE is a viable workaround), and I use that method (or the ISO) out of Encore, to test the Project on the computer with DVD/BD software players as my first step. I then burn a DVD-RW, or BD-RE, and test in several hardware players from cheapies to esoterics, so that I feel comfortable that a client WILL be able to play on their machines. Last, when completely satisfied, I Burn to Disc, using the highest-quality blank media possible, at a slower, than Max speed. Having done a Burn to Foler (out of Adobe Encore), I just use the great, free ImgBurn, to do the physical Burn to Disc, from my folder, or ISO. That saves having to Transcode again.

With PrE, and even version 11, I think that the closest that you can come is to Burn to Disc, using a BD-RE, and test with that. Again, the highest-quality is what I shoot for there too. If PrE 11 has added Burn to Folder for BD, I hope that Steve, or others will correct me, as I have not found it yet. As PrE has had Burn to Folder for DVD-Video for many versions, I do not see that it would be all that difficult to add it to the program, but maybe there is much more involved, than I imagine?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2013 11:00 AM   in reply to RESAMPSONJR

An iso or image is a digital print of a disk. See it as an negative for video.

But i have to retrack that advice as i just found out Elements (11) cannot make a BD image beyond 8.5 gb (but that is for HD on a dvd-disk).

Sorry.

Anyway waiting for a screendump with the error message.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2013 2:17 AM   in reply to RESAMPSONJR

You could try moving the Narrations to Audio 1. All of them look to be available. Narration and Soundtrack tracks have long been known to throw the occasional glitch.

And as none of your video clips look to overlap one-another you could put them all onto Video 1.

None of this *should* be necessary but, when PRE throws up problems, any kind of simplification is usually worth trying.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2013 8:48 AM   in reply to nealeh

Neale,

Doing a quick count, it looks like Resampsonjr has over 60 Chapter Markers in the Timeline. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that PrE had a limit regarding Chapter Markers, though with PrE 7, that maximum allowable might have been greater, than the 25 limit now. I was thinking that the 25 Chapter limit came with about PrE 9, or 10. What I do know is what the maximum allowed was in PrE 7.

Just thinking.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2013 9:10 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Yes, too many chapter markers can definitely be a problem, Bill. I think the limit is still 25 per timeline.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2013 11:08 AM   in reply to RESAMPSONJR

PRE7 allows the maximum per DVD standards - which is 99 scenes. It is 25 in PRE10 and later (possibly since PRE8 but that is not a version I ever had and I really don't recall for PRE9).

Cheers,

--

Neale

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2013 11:10 AM   in reply to nealeh

Neale,

Thank you for that confirmation. My memory was along those lines, as the max number of "cells" in DVD-Video is 99.

I do not believe that I have ever seen an Adobe response on why the Chapters were reduced to 25, but might just have missed it.

Appreciated,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2013 7:37 AM   in reply to RESAMPSONJR

As the error message refers to FileManager how much free defragmented disk space do you have? I'm wondering if  you have less than the burn requires for its temporary render files. That might also explain why breaking the project down into smaller segments has worked for you.

Also your screenshot shows a several other open applications on the taskbar and a variety of stuff in the system tray (plus other hidden system tray stuff). It might be worth trying a burn with no other applications running and as many system tray applications as possible closed down. Also disable your anti-virus software during the burn process.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status