Skip navigation
VanBuren008
Currently Being Moderated

After Effects exports are all Corrupted

Feb 16, 2013 3:36 PM

I've been having problems with every export from after effects getting corrupted. I'm getting dropped frames, and pixelated frames from projects not even in the workspace. Everything I work on is corrupted. What can I do to fix this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 16, 2013 2:58 PM   in reply to VanBuren008

Sorry, no clue.  The reason: not enough information.

AE has to work with so many different platforms, operating systems, third-party cards and varieties of media that diagnosing any one vaguely-worded problem can be a real pain.

Here's a list of the information you need to supply.

With it, people will stand a fighting chance of being able to help you.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 17, 2013 3:58 PM   in reply to VanBuren008

Before you take the drastic step of uninstalling, running Adobe Cleaner and reinstalling (the best way to do it), try a test.

Transcode some of your dslr's H.264 clips to a lossless codec: I like quicktime Movies in the PNG codec for this.  Import them, and use the Replace footage command to put the lossless clips into the appropriate AE comp.

And DON'T EXPORT FROM AE!  Open the AE project in Adobe Media Encoder, and select the comp for your test.  AME will let you render to all the media containers & codecs you mention.

No Joy?  It could be a bad driver on a third-party card, you could have AE configured improperly.... we don't know.  That's why it's good to answer that litany of questions linked to earlier.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points